WITH BRAND NEW STORIES…
Dead of Night Dance is back this Halloween!
So, gather adventurous souls and party animals.
Trick or treat yourself this Samhain…
With a ticket to the under-land wonderland; a world of witch humour and wolfish delights.
Life has more lustre…in the Dead of night!
Join Rogue Otherworld at the sparkling dark heart of Tehidy Woods (North Cliffs) for a wickedly joyful treat, with theatre, laughter, music, thrills, frights, delights and dancing.
With all new dead good stories to tickle your ribs, thrill your spirits and chill your bones!
Spirits of all ages welcome (family and fiend friendly).
Wander the winding woodland path and through Mr Logan’s gate into the land of the rapturously dead, where lost souls await, to show you the way, and mislead you to the Dead of Night Dance.
Rest in the peace of the underworld forest and chill, as a collection of comic, ghoulish and ghostly stories come to life on Mrs Logan’s underworld stage!
And then…at the end…after the final curtain; raise your spirits with a party, shake your bones, at the (“dis-danced”) Dead of Night Dance Disco!
Dead of Night Dance weaves a wild spell of imagination, magic and Halloween humour, stirring in live music, storytelling, dance and a twist of bewitching spectacle.
The adventure follows a path through the woods into the land of the dead and ends in our wonderful open sided stretch canvas tent (which will keep you dry should it rain (which it won’t) and which allows the fresh autumn air to drift through with the ghosts), inviting only an exclusive number of you, and a little room for a ghost or two.
Dress for the weather of this world and the chills of the underworld.
(We are offering an extra show each day to make sure no body misses out).
The Dead of Night Dance is designed for brave adventurers of all ages.
The atmosphere is playful, comic and spooky…and you will be in the woods at Halloween after all!
“Halloween is my favourite time of year. When the veil between the worlds is at its thinnest, thin enough to let a few ghouls ghost on out, thin enough to let a few of the living waltz on in, and each year The Dead of Night Dance just gets more wickedly brilliant. See you at the gates to the land of the dead for one of the best nights of your life!” (Mr Logan – Your friendly local undertaker).
Ghosts, ghouls, vampires, witches, beasts and possessed souls all welcome.
Fancy dress, fangs and pumpkins are encouraged (all ages).
Masks of all kinds are welcome!
For your woodland adventure we recommend you bring a warm and waterproof coat, shoes for the forest (wellies if it has been wet) and a torch if you are coming for the dark performances.
There will be hay bales to sit on, though feel free to bring cushions (if you don’t mind carrying them).
There are also a number of high-backed chairs for those who’d rather.
The event lasts about 2 hours in total and takes place in the woodland so come prepared whatever the weather (though the main part of the event is covered by our wonderful black stretch canopy).
- Arrive and park up 15 minutes before your start time (no more than 30 minutes before your show to help with car park flow). Directions below.
- The Rogue Box Office Witch will meet you at the box office at the edge of the woods 15 minutes before your adventure begins and will show you to the start of your path and invite you in.
- Follow your path as it twists and turns through the wild wood, let the wilderness sharpen your senses as your imagination begins to stray, pass through doors and arches, over roots and under branches as you meet witches, undertakers, and supernatural beings along the way.
- The path leads through the veil and to a clearing, a cavern of mighty trees, with roots that reach the otherworld, these pillars of the forest theatre wait excitedly. Here there is a bar and refreshment tent, here there is fire and a cauldron bubbling with vegetable stew, here there is music and a warm welcome, with hay bales for seating and even a lovely eco loo!
- When we have all arrived, the show will start in the sparkling dark of the woodland heart.
- The show itself lasts about 1 hour and 10 minutes, and after the final curtain, you have the chance to raise your spirits and shake your bones with the Dead of Night Dance (led by Ghosts and Ghouls). The bar will be open, reasonably priced hot refreshments, cold drinks, beer, wine and cider (and Rogue’s famous Wild Woodland (vegan) Stew) will be available to buy.
- At the end, when your own world starts to call you home, short cut back from whence you came…check your reflection when you get home, for the chances are, you’re not quite the same.
The total event lasts about 2 hours and takes place in the woodland so come prepared whatever the weather. (Though the main part of the event is covered by our canopy)!
Book with confidence.
This is an outdoor woodland gathering with limited places to create plenty of space to relax and enjoy the magic of Rogue Otherworld’s wild theatre.
Dead of Night Dance follows current government guidelines and builds on our experience of delivering safe immersive theatre experiences throughout the pandemic.
In the unlikely event that new restrictions should prevent Dead of Night Dance from going ahead, your tickets will be automatically transferrable to another Rogue Otherworld event in 2021/2022 with no cost, or, we can arrange a refund for your tickets minus the small transaction fee per ticket.
Dead of Night Dance events are accessible for most wheelchair users and rugged buggies.
There is also vehicle access to the heart of the woods where the main part of the event takes place, for those who should need (this misses the walk through the woods).
Whilst Dead of Night Dance is in the wild old wood, we are committed to overcoming obstacles and making our immersive events as accessible as possible. Whilst adventurous, Dead of Night Dance has good accessibility, and we are very happy to discuss access options via text or call on 07837561483 or [email protected].
Box Office enquiry line, call Matt on – 07814558871
Or email – [email protected]
The Dead of Night Dis-Dance gathers 4 times a day:
12:00 – The First Dance
14:30 – The Second Dance
17:00 – The Dusk Dance
20:00 – The Dark Dance
22, 23, 24 (no show 25) 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31.
PREPARE FOR ADVENTURE
The path twists and turns and is bumpy under foot but should be fine for a rugged buggy.
Beware of witches and wolves, branches that poke, mud that slips, roots and sticks and anything that trips (these are the wild woods after all)!
Up to date information about your Dead of Night Dance will be sent to you by the box office prior to your visit.
£12.50 Invest in Rogue Tickets. Choose to pay a little bit more and invest in the creation of future magic!
£9.50 General Tickets (all ages). Ages 1, 2 and 3 years are free
£7.50 Affordability Discount Tickets are available. Simply email [email protected] and request an affordability discount code for the number of tickets you wish to purchase, and we will send you a discount code to enter when you process your order.
£7.50 Wild Card Tickets. This is an opportunity to extend your generosity and buy a ticket as a gift for somebody who couldn’t otherwise take part. When you buy a Wild Card Ticket you are paying it forward, enabling somebody who could not otherwise afford to come to take part, and, at the same time you are supporting Rogue to continue doing what we do best!
Wild Card is an opportunity for those who would like to invest in our wild immersive theatre to do so by passing on the magic, buying a ticket, a Wild Card for an unknown friend.
If you would like to donate a Wild Card, you can do so by simply adding a £7.50 Wildcard to your order and we will allocate the ticket to an unknown friend.
Wild Card Tickets are free to receive.
If you would like to receive a Wild Card/s all you need to do is message Rogue Otherworld via Facebook or email – [email protected]
Please arrive 15 minutes early to be greeted by the Box Office Witch.
You can arrive up to 30 minutes before your booking time (to keep vehicle numbers down in the car park).
Please follow the instructions of Francis our parking assistant.
Dead of Night Dance will run on time like the planets that align. 15 minutes before your start time, please gather at the Box Office in your group.
The Box Office Witch will be waiting to greet you.
Tehidy Woods North Cliffs is situated between Portreath and Gwithian on the B3301. Rogue uses a separate parking area to the Tehidy North Cliffs Car Park; if approaching from the west (Gwithian) keep your eyes out for our entrance on the right, if coming from the east (Portreath) it will be on your left.
THE BEST WAY TO FIND US (and rural or unusual locations in the future) Is to download and use the WHAT 3 WORDS App – Follow: roaming.sparkles.dined
Click on our “Finding Us” page for more help with directions.
- Awen Award Winners for contribution to Cornish and Celtic Culture 2021. (Awarded by Gorsedh Kernow).
- Muddy Stiletto Award Winners for Best Children’s Business 2021
- Muddy Stiletto Award Winners for Best Theatre Venue 2019
- ***** “Immersive theatre at its best” – West Briton on King Arthur
- WOCA Award Winners:
- Best Theatrical Show 2017
- Best Theatre Show 2016
- Best Theatre Company 2016
- Best Theatre Event 2015