Welcome to the forest
A landscape of wonder
A sanctuary for Rogues
Gather by the fire
Feel the star dust in your bones
And remember you are nature
Let the wild call you home
Experience the magick of Rogue Otherworld in the untameable heart of Cornwall.
Join us in the outstanding natural beauty of Tehidy Woods, on the North Cliffs where wild soul meets the wonders of the sea.
We were born from mystery to adventure, but sometimes we forget to remember.
Rogue Forest Days is a woodland theatre adventure for all ages, a celebration of the wild, and the wild magic of life!
Like wandering into a fairy tale forest, Rogue Forest Days offers a Rogue-hearted welcome, weaving a summer spell of theatre magic, incredible live music, breath taking dance, humour, and a collection of original Rogue tales.
We are living in a time of new beginnings and nature is singing like never before, calling to our own wild nature, like a howling wind dusting off the stars.
Poster image by Lu Cornish.
Rogue Forest Days weaves imagination with nature, welcoming wanderers who long to gather, with stories of fae magic and forest witch fires, of salty sea treasures and the riches of the wild.
Created by Cornwall’s award-winning Rogue Otherworld; Rogue offers a Forest Day and Forest Night double-bill (with different stories in the day and night), so you can choose to lose yourself in the green gold of wild tales by day, or the sparkling dark of wilder ones by night. Indeed, you may choose both!!! (We offer a double-bill discount if you do).
Rogue Forest begins with an immersive journey along woodland paths first made by animals, so lose yourself between the mossy earth and the flight of birds and find yourself in a gathering of wild nature and wilder imaginings.
All are welcome, from near or far, one and all!
Rogue Forest Days
Is a funny, wild and beautiful show weaving original Rogue tales to excite and inspire imaginations of all ages –
- The Witch of the Wood. A tale of woodcutters and woodlands, of show mothers and witches, how girls grow wild beauty in the wilderness, and how boys who live to tell the tale discover surprising wild riches.
- House of The Faerie Ring. When Mr Money builds his dream home on a faerie ring in Cornwall, the faeries move in and bit by bit he loses everything.
- The Pirate Circus. The story of a boy who was stolen by Pirates, only to be given the greatest gift a Pirate can give…the freedom of adventure and the chance to really live! Based on the Pirate Circus from Rogue’s well loved “Sea Queen” this is the origin story of King Jango and his Circus of Pirates!
Follow the smoke to the wild heart of Cornwall and find the bright and enthralling flames of Rogue Otherworld.
Rogue Forest Days is an immersive journey through the woods leading to a show of about 1 hour and 10 minutes. There is no interval giving time after the show to enjoy the magic wild at the heart of the woods and time to dance on the stage!
Yes…there will be dancing after the show!
The total event lasts about 2 hours.
Dress for your imagination (but don’t forget a coat)!
Fairy Tale costumes, fancy dress, otherworld outfits, party frocks, wildlife masks, funny hats, forest finery, frippery, feathers and fancy hairdos are encouraged though not essential.
- Arrive and park up 15 minutes before your start time. Directions below.
- A Rogue faerie host will meet you at the box office at the edge of the woods 15 minutes before your adventure begins and will show you to the start of your path and invite you in.
- Follow your path as it twists and turns through the wonderful wild, let the wilderness sharpen your senses as your imagination begins to stray, pass through doors and arches, over roots and under branches as you meet pirates, witches and fairy tale creatures along the way
- The path delivers you to a clearing, a cavern of mighty trees, with roots that reach the otherworld, these pillars of the forest theatre wait excitedly. Here there is a bar and refreshment tent, here there is fire and a cauldron bubbling with vegetable stew, here there is music and a warm welcome, with hay bales for seating and even a lovely compost loo!
- When we have all arrived, the show starts at the woodland heart. Magic bristles in the branches as the tale weaves through the fairy tale forest and onto the stage. The show mixes spellbinding tales with enrapturing live music, spectacular dance and physical performance, fire, highly visual theatre and an exciting immersive atmosphere.
- The show lasts about 1 hour and 10 minutes after which you are invited to stay and relax a while, play and let your imagination run in the wild. The bar is open, and the stew will be served from the cauldron and there will be dancing on the stage!
- When your own world starts to call you home, follow the signs!
Reasonably priced hot refreshments, cold drinks, beer, wine and cider (and Rogue’s famous Wild Woodland (vegan) Stew) will be available to buy.
Toilets are situated near the performance area.
For your woodland adventure we recommend you bring a blanket, a warm and waterproof coat, shoes for adventure (wellies if it has been raining) and a torch if you are coming for the evening performance.
There will be hay bales to sit on (and a few chairs for those who need them).
The event lasts about 2 hours and takes place in the woodland so come prepared whatever the weather. (We will use our fabulous open sided, stretch canopy to cover the audience if it should rain)!
The path twists and turns and is bumpy under foot but should be fine for a rugged buggy!
Book with confidence.
This is an outdoor woodland gathering with plenty of space to relax and enjoy the magic of Rogue Otherworld’s wild theatre.
In the very unlikely event that new restrictions should prevent Rogue Forest from going ahead, your tickets will be automatically transferrable to another Rogue Otherworld event in 2022 with no cost, or, we can arrange a refund for your tickets minus the transaction fee of £0.50p per ticket.
Box Office enquiry line, call Matt on – 07814558871
Or email – [email protected]
Shows begin at 12:30pm and 15:30pm on each of the show days.
(Rogue Forest Nights is the twilight offering and emerges as the embers of the day fade beyond the North Cliffs giving way to the tide of magic shadows. Rogue Forest Nights starts each day at 7.30pm)
Shows take place on the following days.
16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21
(No Show on 22)
23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29
(No Show on the 30)
1, 2, and 3
£12.50 Invest in Rogue Tickets. Choose to pay a little bit more and invest in the creation of future magic!
£9.50 General Tickets (all ages). Ages 1, 2 and 3 years are free
£7.50 Affordability Discount Tickets are available. Simply email [email protected] and request an affordability discount code for the number of tickets you wish to purchase, and we will send you a discount code to enter when you process your order.
Double-Bill Discounts. See your second show of the double-bill for £7.50.
If you would like to experience both Rogue Forest Days and Forest Nights with a double-bill discount, simply buy tickets for your first choice of show and the discount for the second show will automatically be available when you enter your details to book.
The discount reduces your tickets for the second show of the double-bill to £7.50 (and still applies if you received an affordability code for your first show).
£7.50 Wild Card Tickets.
This is an opportunity to extend your generosity and buy a ticket as a gift for somebody who couldn’t otherwise take part. When you buy a Wild Card Ticket you are paying it forward, enabling somebody who could not otherwise afford to come to take part, and, at the same time you are supporting Rogue to continue doing what we do best!
Each year hundreds of audience members take part with a Wild Card thanks to the generosity of other audience members.
Wild Card is an opportunity for those who would like to invest in our wild immersive theatre to do so by passing on the magic, buying a ticket, a Wild Card for an unknown friend.
If you would like to donate a Wild Card, you can do so by simply adding a £7.50 Wildcard to your order and we will allocate the ticket to an unknown friend.
Wild Card Tickets are free to receive.
If you would like to receive a Wild Card/s all you need to do is message Rogue Otherworld via Facebook or email – [email protected]
Rogue Forest Days and Nights are accessible for most wheelchair users and rugged buggies.
There is also vehicle access to the heart of the woods where the main part of the event takes place, for those who should need.
Whilst Rogue Forest is in the wild old wood, we are committed to overcoming obstacles and making our immersive events as accessible as possible. Whilst adventurous, Rogue Forest has good accessibility, and we are very happy to discuss access options via text or call on 07837561483 or [email protected]
Please arrive 15 minutes early to be greeted by the Box Office Faerie.
You can arrive up to 30 minutes before your booking time (to keep vehicle numbers down in the car park).
Please follow the instructions of Francis our parking assistant.
Wild Moon Forest Days and Forest Nights will run on time like the planets that align. 15 minutes before your start time, please gather at the Box Office in your group.
The Box Faerie will be waiting to greet you.
Tehidy Woods North Cliffs is situated between Portreath and Gwithian on the B3301. Rogue uses a separate parking area to the Tehidy North Cliffs Car Park; if approaching from the west (Gwithian) keep your eyes out for our entrance on the right, if coming from the east (Portreath) it will be on your left.
THE BEST WAY TO FIND US (and rural or unusual locations in the future) Is to download and use the WHAT 3 WORDS App – Follow: roaming.sparkles.dined
Click on our “Finding Us” page for more help with directions.
If it should rain (which it won’t), don’t worry…we’ve got you covered with our beautiful, open sided stretch canvas canopy!