Beyond the day
Beyond the cliffs of dusk
Beyond the sea of sinking light
The Moon is waiting…
In the hearts of the wild
In the forest of the night.
Wild Moon Forest Nights is a woodland theatre adventure, a shadowy wander into wild nature. It is a disappearance into dusk, it is a sharpening of senses for dusty souls, for those whose boots know the starlit road, it is a night forest dance.
Like wandering into the mythical forests of the otherworld, Wild Moon Forest Nights offers a wild hearted welcome, weaving imagination with the night forest and original Rogue tales with Rogue’s wild theatre magick!
A witch humoured, wolf natured show with live music for wandering souls, dance for fae and fallen angels, and stories for those who hear the wild call; it is as fun as it is full of fire and atmosphere!
We are living in a time of new beginnings and nature is singing like never before, calling to our own wild nature, like a howling wind dusting off the stars.
Wild Moon weaves imagination with the wild, welcoming souls who long to gather with stories of forest magic and ancient fire, of salty sea mystery and of soaring the skies with wings of desire.
Created by Cornwall’s award-winning Rogues; Wild Moon offers a Forest Day and Forest Night double-bill (with different stories in the day and night), so you can choose to lose yourself in the sunbeams of wild tales or the fire flicker of even wilder ones. Indeed, you may choose both!!! (We offer a double-bill discount if you do).
Wild Moon begins with an immersive journey through the beauty of Tehidy Woods North Cliffs, following the paths first made by animals and the old magic scent of smoke.
Lose yourself between the mossy earth and the flight of birds, and find yourself in Rogue’s Otherworld, where the Moon waits in the branches of a clearing to welcome you in.
All are welcome, from near or far, one and all!
Tickets are limited so if you have a specific date in mind, we recommend booking early!
Wild Moon Forest Nights
Forest nights are wicked witted, wild wed and fire hearted, perfect for those who enjoy a little more howl and a bit more bite from their tales –
- The Giant’s Heart (As St Agnes village celebrates the death of the Giant Bolster, an unlikely guest is invited to share her tale, Marjorie, the Bolster’s mother)
- A Thousand Moons (The story of a woman who lived her life full, with a chorus of angels, by the chapters of the moon)
- Super Fan (A spectacular dark comedy about a boyband super fan who runs a bed and breakfast in Cornwall and her thrilling rise to fame)
- Firebird (A rewriting of Rogue’s much-loved tale for these times. A tale of astonishing and dreadful beauty, fire, forgotten magic, and the consuming flames of love)
Wild Moon Forest Nights is an immersive journey through the woods leading to a show performed in two halves with an interval halfway. The show at the heart of the woods is about 50 minutes for each half. The total event lasts about 2 ½ hours.
Dress for your wild side (but don’t forget a coat)!
Otherworld outfits, party frocks, wildlife masks, funny hats, forest finery, frippery, feathers and fancy hairdos are encouraged though not essential.
Follow the smoke to the wild heart of Cornwall and find the bright and enthralling flames of Rogue Otherworld.
- Arrive and park up 15 minutes before your start time (no more than 30 minutes before your show to help with car park flow). Directions below.
- A Rogue faerie host will meet you at the box office at the edge of the woods 15 minutes before your adventure begins and will show you to the start of your path and invite you in.
- Follow your path as it twists and turns through the wonderful wild, let the wilderness sharpen your senses as your imagination begins to stray, pass through doors and arches, over roots and under branches as you meet wolves, witches, saints, supernatural beings, superfans and lost boyband members along the way.
- The path delivers you to a clearing, a cavern of mighty trees, with roots that reach the otherworld, these pillars of the forest theatre wait excitedly. Here there is a bar and refreshment tent, here there is fire and a cauldron bubbling with vegetable stew, here there is music and a warm welcome, with hay bales for seating and even a lovely compost loo!
- When we have all arrived, the show starts at the woodland heart. Magic bristles in the branches as the tale weaves through the night forest and onto the stage. The show mixes spellbinding tales spun by The Moon with enrapturing live music, spectacular dance and physical performance, fire, highly visual theatre and an exciting immersive atmosphere.
- The show lasts about 1 hour and 40 minutes, with an interval halfway during which you are invited to relax a while and let your imagination run in the wild. The bar is open, and the stew will be served from the cauldron.
- At the end, when your own world starts to call you home, wander back the way you came. Check your reflection when you reach your car, for the chances are, you’re not quite the same.
Reasonably priced hot refreshments, cold drinks, beer, wine and cider (and Rogue’s famous Wild Woodland (vegan) Stew) will be available to buy.
Toilets are situated near the performance area.
For your woodland adventure we recommend you bring a blanket, a warm and waterproof coat, shoes for adventure (wellies if it has been raining) and a torch if you are coming for the evening performance.
There will be hay bales to sit on (and a few chairs for those who need them), though feel free to bring cushions or fold out chairs (if you don’t mind carrying them).
The event lasts about 2 hours and 30 minutes and takes place in the woodland so come prepared whatever the weather. (We will use our fabulous open sided, stretch canopy to cover the audience if it should rain)!
The path twists and turns and is bumpy under foot but should be fine for a rugged buggy
Book with confidence.
This is an outdoor woodland gathering with limited places to create plenty of space to relax and enjoy the magic of Rogue Otherworld’s wild theatre.
Wild Moon Forest Days and Forest Nights follows current government guidelines.
In the unlikely event that new restrictions should prevent Wild Moon from going ahead, your tickets will be automatically transferrable to another Rogue Otherworld event in 2021 with no cost, or, we can arrange a refund for your tickets minus the transaction fee of £0.50p per ticket.
Box Office enquiry line, call Matt on – 07814558871
Or email – [email protected]
Wild Moon Forest Nights is the night offering of Rogue Otherworld’s Wild Moon summer double-bill. Shows begin at 7:30pm on each of the show days.
Shows begin at 7:30pm on each of the show days.
(Wild Moon Forest Days is the daylight offering with shows twice a day at 12:30pm and 3:30pm)
Shows take place on the following days.
18, 19 and 20, 21 and 22
(No Show on 23)
24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30
(No Show on the 31)
1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
£12.50 Invest in Rogue Tickets. Choose to pay a little bit more and invest in the creation of future magic!
£9.50 General Tickets (all ages). Ages 1, 2 and 3 years are free
£7.50 Affordability Discount Tickets are available. Simply email [email protected] and request an affordability discount code for the number of tickets you wish to purchase, and we will send you a discount code to enter when you process your order.
Double-Bill Discounts. See your second show of the double-bill for £7.50.
If you would like to experience both Wild Moon Forest Days and Forest Nights with a double-bill discount, simply buy tickets for your first choice of show and then use the unique discount code you received with your booking confirmation to purchase your second choice of tickets at the discounted rate of £7.50.
To use your unique double-bill discount code, select the day and time you would like and then apply the code you received in the box on the page to reveal your discounted tickets.
(The double bill discount reduces tickets for your second show of the double-bill to £7.50 and can still be used if you bought affordability discount tickets for your first show).
£7.50 Wild Card Tickets. This is an opportunity to extend your generosity and buy a ticket as a gift for somebody who couldn’t otherwise take part. When you buy a Wild Card Ticket you are paying it forward, enabling somebody who could not otherwise afford to come to take part, and, at the same time you are supporting Rogue to continue doing what we do best!
Each year hundreds of audience members take part with a Wild Card thanks to the generosity of other audience members.
Wild Card is an opportunity for those who would like to invest in our wild immersive theatre to do so by passing on the magic, buying a ticket, a Wild Card for an unknown friend.
If you would like to donate a Wild Card, you can do so by simply adding a £7.50 Wildcard to your order and we will allocate the ticket to an unknown friend.
Wild Card Tickets are free to receive.
If you would like to receive a Wild Card/s all you need to do is message Rogue Otherworld via Facebook or email – [email protected]
Wild Moon Forest Days and Nights are accessible for most wheelchair users and rugged buggies.
There is also vehicle access to the heart of the woods where the main part of the event takes place, for those who should need.
Whilst Wild Moon is in the wild old wood, we are committed to overcoming obstacles and making our immersive events as accessible as possible. Whilst adventurous, Wild Moon has good accessibility, and we are very happy to discuss access options via text or call on 07837561483 or [email protected]
Please arrive 15 minutes early to be greeted by the Box Office Faerie.
You can arrive up to 30 minutes before your booking time (to keep vehicle numbers down in the car park).
Please follow the instructions of Francis our parking assistant.
Wild Moon Forest Days and Forest Nights will run on time like the planets that align. 15 minutes before your start time, please gather at the Box Office in your group.
The Box Faerie will be waiting to greet you.
Tehidy Woods North Cliffs is situated between Portreath and Gwithian on the B3301. Rogue uses a separate parking area to the Tehidy North Cliffs Car Park; if approaching from the west (Gwithian) keep your eyes out for our entrance on the right, if coming from the east (Portreath) it will be on your left.
THE BEST WAY TO FIND US (and rural or unusual locations in the future) Is to download and use the WHAT 3 WORDS App – Follow: roaming.sparkles.dined
Click on our “Finding Us” page for more help with directions.